Welcome to St. Mary’s Hospital
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is Southern Arizona’s longest continuously operating hospital (founded in 1880) and one of Tucson’s and the region’s top medical centers. Located on Tucson’s west side, St. Mary’s Hospital has ranked among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence!
St. Mary’s has been awarded numerous national honors for patient care and is one listed among America’s Top 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care in 2014. Other significant awards include:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 11 Years in a Row (2004-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2011-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 5 Years in a Row (2010-2014)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 6 Years in a Row (2009-2014)
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award (2011, 2012)
- American Heart Association’s Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for Stroke (2012, 2013)
Home of the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute and The Breast Center, St. Mary’s Hospital offers every patient individualized care, personal attention by compassionate caregivers, and the finest team of physicians and surgeons available in the region.
St. Mary’s is recognized as a destination hospital for the most modern and minimally-invasive heart and vascular surgery, advanced stroke care, unique and personalized cancer treatment, and emergency care. The hospital also provides advanced care in cardiology, orthopedics, diabetes, stroke, wound care, emergency medicine and physical rehabilitation.
St. Mary’s is a vital medical center with a legacy to honor and a future to embrace.
- For the past three years, St. Mary’s has ranked among the top 5%of hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence (Healthgrades®).
- As the home of the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute, St. Mary’s has become a regional destination for patients seeking the most advanced and minimally invasive options for heart and vascular surgery.