This dedicated center focuses on a team approach to diagnosing, treating and correcting spine injuries and disorders, using advanced neurosurgical techniques and supportive therapies.
A one-stop center for spine problems
The Spine Center of the Carondelet Neurological Institute serves as a “one-stop” center for spine problems, including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Vertebral instability
- Herniated discs
- Lumbar stenosis
- Back and neck pain
The Center’s trained medical specialists offer a comprehensive approach to treating spine problems. On one campus, patients can receive coordinated, centralized multi-disciplinary assessment and care. Care is well coordinated through regular communication with patients, referring physicians, and insurance providers.
Treatment options provided at the Center are based on the latest technology
- Neurosurgery in one of the Institute’s new operating suites of the future, two of which share the BrainSuite iCT , the most efficient, technologically advanced system for imaging guidance during neurosurgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS ), a way of delivering highly targeted, high-energy radiation to spine tumors without damaging the surrounding healthy tissue. This treatment may supplement surgical treatment or, in certain conditions, be the primary treatment of choice
- Implantable spinal neurostimulators to treat chronic, intractable pain
- Motion preservation spinal surgery
- Physical therapy
For information or for your physician to make a referral, please call (520) 873-3333.