Awards & Recognition
Excellence in heart and stroke care is a longstanding tradition at both St. Mary’s Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital. St. Mary’s was recently named among only five hospitals in our state as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
Both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph's are certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers and Accredited Chest Pain Centers. Both are designated as cardiac arrest centers by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
For many years, Carondelet Health Network facilities have participated in the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Get With The Guidelines®
programs for recognizing outstanding performance against established standards for patient care in the areas of stroke and heart disease. St. Mary’s Hospital’s recent AHA recognition includes:
- 2015 Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award
- 2015 Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2014 Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award
- 2014 Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2013: Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award
- 2012: Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2012: Heart Failure Honor Roll - Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
The Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute (CHVI) was moved from the Heart Hospital in 2013. Carondelet invested $17 million into new construction, renovations and technology to forward the Institute’s vision to be “nationally recognized as a premier destination for modern cardiovascular care through clinical excellence, research, and physician education.”
The CHVI opened at St. Mary’s in January 2014. Prior to being relocated to the St. Mary’s campus, CHVI was named a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital® for Cardiovascular Care.